COVID-19 Service Level Advisory
While CVRD staff continue to process current applications, new applications will also be accepted. As the CVRD administrative offices begin to re-open in a limited capacity, applicants are asked to follow the guidelines below:
- Contact CVRD staff at email@example.com; or 250.746.2610 BEFORE submitting an application
- Building permit applications may be submitted electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper building permit applications may be left at the Ingram Office front door Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. excluding Statutory Holidays.
- Fees will only be accepted by mail or courier via cheque or money order payable to the Cowichan Valley Regional District, 175 Ingram Street, DUNCAN BC V9L 1N8
- Inspections will be conducted with one site supervisor or designate present.
- Occupied buildings will not be inspected at this time.
More detailed information can be found here.
Building Officials are responsible for building inspections mandatory under the Cowichan Valley Regional District Building Bylaw. These inspections are required at various stages of construction, and the inspection records are kept on file by the Building Official for future reference. Inspection records provide an independent third party verification of no longer visible building elements located within a building or structure.
Prior to applying for a building permit, review the General Requirements for Building Permit Applications.
List of required inspections for building permits.
- Agent Authorization File Request Form
- Building Permit Application
- Farm Building Siting Permit
- Portable Container Siting Permit
- Riparian Areas Regulation Declaration Form
- Solar Hot Water Inspection Report