Any person wanting to operate a municipal solid waste and/or recycling facility within the region must first obtain a Waste Stream Management Licence from the CVRD, as per Bylaw No. 2570, Waste Stream Management Licencing Bylaw. The bylaw helps to ensure that waste and recycling facilities do not negatively impact communities or the environment. The CVRD is one of only three jurisdictions in BC that offer waste stream management licencing.
New applicants are advised to allow up to 6 months for the application process to be completed (certain applications and operations may take longer).All facilities must also comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulatory requirements. For example, a person wishing to operate a commercial composting facility must have land zoned to permit this use and must also comply with the provincial Organic Matter Recycling Regulation requirements.
- Bylaw 2570
- Application Guide - New Licence Applications and Major Amendments
- Application Guide - Minor Amendments
- Form A - New Licence Application
- Form A - Minor Amendment
- Form A - Major Amendment
- Form B - List of Materials & Quantities
- Operating Plan Template @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
There are currently eight licenced facilities within the region. The facilities, along with supporting resources and reports, are listed below.