Arts & Culture
Following guidance from the BC Provincial Health Officer to prevent the spread of COVID-19, performances taking place at the Cowichan Performing Arts Centre in March, April, and May have been postponed.
Patrons will receive a refund on their ticket purchases, the box office will be reaching out to patrons as they are not receiving calls at this time.
Further information on performance dates can be found on the Cowichan Performing Arts Centre’s web page.
The CVRD is proud to play a vital role in enhancing the cultural vitality of the Cowichan Region. In 2016, the Arts & Culture Division introduced a regional arts and culture service function committed to the development of the arts and culture sector in the Cowichan Region.
The arts and culture service function was established to provide annual funding for sub-regional arts councils, offer opportunities for eligible arts organizations to apply for regional grants-in-aid, and to increase collaboration and partnerships among arts and cultural organizations on regional, provincial and national initiatives.
The Arts & Culture Division undertakes a range of responsibilities including:
- Operating the Cowichan Performing Arts Centre;
- Funding sub-regional arts councils throughout the Cowichan Region;
- Providing Regional Arts & Culture Grants for eligible arts & culture organizations who qualify and;
- Facilitating a wide range of initiatives for arts groups and artists to foster collaboration, networking and partnerships.
The central mandate for the Arts & Culture Division is:
- Provide a diversity of national and international performances of the highest calibre on stage at the Cowichan Performing Arts Centre;
- Nurture the development of arts and culture throughout the Cowichan Region and;
- Act as a resource for the arts community and the general public.