How to Apply on an Employment Opportunity
To apply on an advertised employment opportunity with the CVRD, please submit a cover letter and resume, clearly quoting the competition number, by the deadline indicated in the Application Instructions Section of each Employment Opportunity. You can apply using one of these methods:
- by Email (in either Microsoft Word or PDF format) *
- in-person dropped off at the Main Ingram Street CVRD Office at 175 Ingram Street in Duncan, BC.
- by mail to: Human Resources Department, 175 Ingram Street, Duncan, BC V9L 1N8
- by fax 250.746.2522
Applying on several available Employment Opportunities at a time
Each employment opportunity is given consideration individually. A separate cover letter and resume, clearly quoting the competition number is required for each employment opportunity.
By Submitting your Cover Letter and Resume you:
- Certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct, and that you understand that any information provided in your application, assessment documents or processes, and/or in an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate you from further consideration for employment and may result in your dismissal.
- Understand and agree that if you are offered a position that falls within a bargaining unit, membership is compulsory, union dues will be deducted, and your contact information will be provided to the union.
- Understand and agree that if you are offered a position, you will comply with the terms and conditions of employment as outlined in the appropriate collective agreement (if applicable) and abide by CVRD policies and procedures.
- Agree to show proof of valid driver’s licence, driver’s abstract, professional licenses, and/or education when such certifications are a requirement of the position.
- Agree to complete a criminal record check at your expense.
Application Process Timeline
Only applicants being actively considered for an interview will be contacted. Typically, applicants not contacted within one month following the closing date of an employment opportunity are not being considered.
Thanks for your Interest
We encourage you to continue to apply on posted employment opportunities of interest to you.