Dog Regulation and Control
The CVRD provides dog regulation and control for the nine Electoral Areas. If you live within a town or municipality, contact your local Town / Municipal Office for Dog Control information specific to your area.
The SPCA is contracted to provide Dog Control throughout the Electoral Areas. Call 250.746.4646 for more information.
Residents within the Electoral Areas of the CVRD are required to have all dogs, four months and older, licensed by January 31 of each year.
The Dog License fee is $25 per year, due and payable before January 31 of each year. If purchased after January, the license fee is $35. If you wish to purchase a dog license via mail, you may print and fill out an application and send it, along with your payment, to the CVRD office noted below c/o Development Services. Subsequently, a tag and receipt will be mailed to you.
The dog license form can printed, filled out, and then mail via Canada Post to the CVRD.
Dog License Vendors
Dog licenses and tags for residents of the CVRD Electoral Areas are available at the following locations:
- Mill Bay - Laughing Llama; Kerry Park Recreation Centre; Lucky Paws
- Shawnigan Lake - Shawnigan Lake Community Centre; Cobble Hill Market
- Cobble Hill - Cobble Hill Market; Laughing Llama
- Cowichan Bay - Pier 66
- Duncan - CVRD Office; Buckerfield's; SPCA
- Ladysmith - Little Rascal's Pets & Supplies
- Saltair - Hi Lo Pet Foods (in Byron's Food Market)
- Lake Cowichan - Cowichan Lake Recreation
- Youbou - Youbou Parks and Recreation